The significance of changing a lightbulb


In movies or in real life, i heard this 'myth' or saying that changing a light bulb is something only a guy can do..to tell you the truth, ive never really paid attention to this particular fact before because it was irrelevant to me(back in msia,my dad will probably be the one in charge of this or the electrician will do it)..plus ive heard some sort of a riddle or a knock-knock joke or something like it that goes, "How many MAN is needed to change a lightbulb?"Specifically empahasizing that only guys can change a lightbulb..so today(Monday,8th September 2008,around 5.34pm auckland time),i decided to change a lightbulb for da light in my room cause my friend, who usually helped me with this task before this,was busy cooking..turns out the task was not-so-hard after all, i took out the broken lightbulb,gently twisting the thing making sure that the side screws are intact then sliding it out. Take the new lightbulb,with care and twist the thing gently until it is properly in place. I switched on the light and it worked!!!Honestly, any normal people would think that it is NOT a big deal but somehow it was to me. It was an achievement for me who cant even open a pasta sauce jar by herself(yeah,im THAT pathetically weak)..i was hit by a revelation at that moment, IT'S POSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING if you put your mind into it..I realized that if I want my dreams to come true I have to believe it myself and channel all my efforts towards achieving them..im determined to make that dream a reality:)

4 comments:

Shariful Fadzli said...

hahahaha, congratulation my friend, you have been promoted as Apartment Technician. Honestly, I've never heard that ONLY man can do that job. btw, wish you happy with your new light bulb. Hahaha

p/s: Nanti bulb bilik aku terbakar, aku call ko mintak pasangkan eh.huhuhu

syaq_kirah said...

hehehe...thanx:)..insyaallah aku bleh tolong pasangkan lightbulb ko next time..hehehe

Sakilah said...

Congrats syaque!!
hu3..next time, try to open pasta sauce jar plak okey!!when u'll be back here syaque?

syaq_kirah said...

sakilah!!!im gonna b back in nov..wait 4 me k?

All things S,Y,A,Q

My photo
Currently pursuing a Math degree at University of Auckland.An ordinary girl with HUGE dreams. Screw love,all you need is D-R-E-A-M.

Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ost at the moment