Que Sera, Sera...(Whatever will be,will be)


Taking the cue from Doris Day(sumbody who was famous back in the 1950's and 1960's)may seemed kinda odd rite?A happy,chirpy song like this cant possibly be relevant 2 us especially since it's the year 2008!well,that very thought be in ur heads now dear readers, but i beg to differ(at least im gonna try 2 convince u othawise;)..hihi..Nway,here goes..i went to a Diwali Festival('Festival of Lights')that was held by Auckland City Council today(i just got back,in fact)..One of the reasons that made me go even when i was kinda tired is the fact that im kinda fond of the Indian culture and their food..(i luv this thing called 'Capati',used to eat it every Sunday wile I was back in KL with my whole family..the last time i ate it was in July) and the authentic, colorful Khurta(traditional Indian top,if im not mistaken)..So,me n my otha 2 friends when about walking around Auckland Viaduct Harbour,where the festival was held..the second we entered we saw A LOT of food stalls along the sidewalk,an Indian lady whom i met earlier on the bus told me to try "Masala Dosa"(she said it's an Indian version of pancake),the hawkers were busy attracting customers by singing and clapping their hands just to promote their food. We were kind of curious so we went a bit closer just to check out the food they were selling..and it was..."Masala Dosa!"...curiousity got the best of me,i bought it...it was nzd3 for one(in my mind,i was like,"owh well..it's a bit expensive for ONE SMALL pancake but wut the heck?trying it wud be a priceless experience..my 3 bucks will be worth it")I was utterly speechless when the guy handed me a plate that consists of, not only the one pancake,but also a capati with dhal,sum yoghurt gravy(i dunno the exact name for it) and vegetarian curry!the Capati was crispy and soft at the same time,i felt like dancing a Bollywood number there and then(yup,it was THAT gud!!)haha...I miss eating capati soo much(even told my friends loads of time that it was one of the reasons that i cant wait to go back home)and i got to eat it HERE!in Auckland!It's fated:)..Que Sera,Sera...After that,we continued walking..saw loads of colorful exotic Indian tops that caught my eye but most of them didnt fit me(they were too big for me)...stopped at this one stall and i asked the seller which ones of the tops would fit me and he showed me a couple of unopened ones..I decided to buy a yellow/orangy one and was prepared to pay the guy already..and then...I spotted a purple top that I wanted to buy 9 MONTHS before,the exact same one,there on the table(i didnt buy it at that time cause I wanted to spend my money on winter clothes)..I grabbed that one instead and paid!I still cant believe that I got it..(the same color and design,it's in my size summore!)..again,I felt like dancing to anotha Bollywood number!..Que Sera, Sera...It made me think that if ever Allah s.w.t wants something to happen,it'll happen even when you least expect it...at this moment,the only thing I can say is "Thank you Allah for everything":)

0 comments:

All things S,Y,A,Q

My photo
Currently pursuing a Math degree at University of Auckland.An ordinary girl with HUGE dreams. Screw love,all you need is D-R-E-A-M.

Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ost at the moment