Syakirah's Awesome Holiday Essentials

This might come off a bit cocky but I think I,Syakirah Ahmad Mahir,have found the essentials of an A-W-E-S-O-M-E holiday. I think this year's winter break is one of the best trips I've had in all 22 years of my life(yes Erwan,we're DAT old*grr*). It has funny, sad, dramatic, romantic, nail-biting and exceptional moments.
1. Watch a mind-blowing movie in IMAX(with loads of action and ass-kicking in my case,Transformers 2: Revenge of The Fallen)..with THX surround sound..I've finally undastood why guys dig Huge Screen TV and Home Theatre System..BIGGER is definitely BETTER..hehehehe
2. Hang out with your visiting friend..communicating via the internet is nothing like seeing and talking to dat person face to face. You cant quite capture the expressions with words or emoticons,but you can really see it when he/she is right in front of you..I had a lovely time dat day
3. Arrive late for my flight..now,this was not my fault or Ismas's..it's the Makcik shuttle 's..we came down and got on the shuttle to the airport on time but she went around God knows where to pick up people eventhough it was out of the way,we had until 4.30pm to do a bag drop before boarding the plane. We arrived at 4.40pm,I freaked out and dramatically asked Ismas to jot down the shuttle helpline,at that moment of insanity I was really thinking of suing that shuttle company(yes yes I noe I went abit psycho)..lucky for us,the flight to Christchurch dat evening was delayed and we were able to checked our bags in and board the plane.
4. Have a guy sing for you..I'm going out on a limb here to admit this but honestly,it's every girl dream come true when you have a guy(with a lovely voice,i might add) belt out songs while ure sitting on the gondola curl up with a warm blanket..we went punting on the avon in Christchurch and my heart melted when da punting guy pull off Pavarotti..it was one hell of a jaw dropping moment for me!
5. Cosy accommodation..it's definitely one important aspect when ure on holiday cause it can either make or break the whole vacation..our accommodation in Christchurch was comfortable and nice..but we got into a less than pleasant situation regarding the accommodation 3 of us had to stay in another place,thank God there was this one place that was available..the room dat we got was surprisingly pretty and comfy..
6.Go to Queenstown..I've never thought that I'd be so lucky dat i'll get the opportunity to witness the lush snow covered peaks,clear blue water and little snowflakes falling on my palms..breathtaking Queenstown,I really fell in love with this place..Honestly before this,whenever I go on trips..I looked at da scenery,da surrounding sight nd say to myself "WHOA..this is pretty"..take a couple of pics and then said to myself,"Now what?""Where's the shopping mall?"..I have to admit i can be shallow at times...Queenstown is the kind of place that u only see on paintings and postcards,not to mentioned in movies as well..think 'Dumb and Dumber'...Aspen,Colorado rite waga buddy?hehehehe
7.Try something exhilarating..a year ago,i remembered i told myself.."I dont think i'll ever get enough nerve to do bungy jumping" when i saw a group of people carrying AJ Hackett bungy pack..fast forward to 7th July 2009,approximately 10.30sumthing am,I DID IT!I jumped 43m from the Kawarau Bridge,icy cold weather..I felt like supergirl for 10 seconds
8.Dolphins+Seals+Waterfalls in one day...We went on a 2 hr cruise at Milford Sound..but the journey there...OMG,it took us 6 hrs from Queenstown..nevatheless i gt ova tiring journey the minute i saw a dolphin swimming behind the boat,all the worry n stress faded.a beauty in simplicity.
9.Learn something new..Ive been working for almost 3 months now but I've neva gotten an 'ice cream' shift..An ice cream shift requires the staff to roll ice cream n make it into a choctop..2 scoops of vanilla ice cream,dipped into melted chocolate..my 1st batch of ice cream was downright hideous but i gt the hang of it halfway thru my 5.5 hr shift..I got 71 choctops from 45L vanilla ice cream
10.Embrace ur inner evil..hahaha..no voodoo or black magic involved,just play "Mafia"..a person who can lie and manipulate other ppl is a sure winner in this game..it's highly addictive,played this game till 4am in the morning,played it again last nite afta we went for karaoke..

2 comments:

Hezry Abu Hasan said...

Well done boss, u r maturing into quite da remarkable young women uv always wanted to be.
You're no longer da lil girl dts always kelam for no good reason; but lets hope ull no longer be da Gombak Terrorist when ur back behind da wheel again at home hehe

Sakilah said...

#2 : let me guess who's the "visiting friend"..ha3!!

p/s: cant wait to see u n shahir dis nov!!!

All things S,Y,A,Q

My photo
Currently pursuing a Math degree at University of Auckland.An ordinary girl with HUGE dreams. Screw love,all you need is D-R-E-A-M.

Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ost at the moment