skype, skinny jeans and perfect snuggle

I opened my eyes,grabbed my humble cell phone and it was only 8.00am???I thought to myself,"WTH?I woke up this early on a SUNDAY?"Since i got nothing better to do anyway,i might as well update my blog right?So,here goes..it's been 11 months,21 days and if I'm not mistaken,1 hour since I touched down at Auckland International Airport,New Zealand to begin a whole new chapter in my life..the first thing that popped to my mind was:YAAAAAY,Im finally here..all the hard work(countless nights of finishing lab reports which results in MAJOR eyebags),the sucky things I had to go thru which include gathering water from the fire-hose whilst battling with killer red ants, finding staples bullet in my food and crying my eyes out when i was refused the permission to go back home due to supposedly 'compulsory' participation in a jogathon (or was it a marathon?I hate both so who freaking cares) all paid off..."I'm now officially studying overseas"..
I had these images and expectations in my head of how my life should be when I arrived, enjoying my life,going on vacations,shopping spree and having loads of friends..Boy,was I naive!!!You see the current total Malaysians in Auckland is about 400++ people and the numbers keep growing by the semester...that's a BIG number..what does this fact have to do with anything?simple. People already have their own set of posse,cliques and lifestyle that made the thought of accepting and mingling with newbies is a total turn-off..(which is kinda understandable though)
Leaving Malaysia meant i left my familiar close friends behind, Sakilah,Farhana,Laily,Miwa and Nab..(not exactly behind cause Farhana and Nab are both in UK) and my freak friends Hezry and Shahir..that being said, Im always grateful of the fact that I have Ismas,Aida,Bed,Lela and Bell here..they never fail to provide me with comfort,support,laughter and gossip(you know who you are)..and of course,the my daily dose of waga from Syed...Thanks a bunch*snuggles with all of u*
Internet connection in Auckland(if your isp provider is Telecom,that is) is Super-Fast!watching vids on youtube is a breeze with NO waiting for buffering time..I enjoyed this so much that my laptop is my new television..everyday,i watched the latest episodes of my favourite series almost immediately after they were aired..Technology is magical.Although my family is in a completely different time zone,I'm able to talk to then relentlessly..whenever i bought stuff for them,i can straigthaway contact them via Skype and voila!I can see my mum,dad,boy,Fiyyah and Fikah at the other end in real time..how can people survive without webcams?
In KL,you're pretty much doomed if you dont own a car..it's a hassle to get to places if you were to depend totally on public transport...it's a totally different scenario here..i walk to uni everyday,walk to Foodtown(it's NZ version of Tesco/Carrefour/Giant) for groceries and walk to Queen Street to fulfill my shopping itch..the transportation company here is kinda reliable,when you access their website,it tells you the exact time,the bus number and how long it'll take for you to reach your destination..da roads here are very hilly,i was constantly out of breath..and the fact that my stamina is virtually non-existent pretty much made it worse..one very good thing that came out of it is this: I can fit into a GUESS skinny jeans that I longed to own and loving every moment of it..
Im eternally grateful to Allah for blessing me with all these and more(even the not-so-great incidences)."What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger".Insyaallah
My almost one year in Auckland can be summed up into 3 words: Skype,skinny jeans and perfect snuggle

0 comments:

All things S,Y,A,Q

My photo
Currently pursuing a Math degree at University of Auckland.An ordinary girl with HUGE dreams. Screw love,all you need is D-R-E-A-M.

Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ost at the moment